Record SuspensionsFormerly a Canadian Pardon
What is a Record Suspension?
A Record Suspension, formerly known as a Pardon, is the process to clear your name in Canada. If you have been fingerprinted for a criminal offence in the past, information from police and courts was forwarded to the RCMP to maintain in the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), or Canada’s federal police database. After a Record Suspension is approved, the information is removed from public record and kept separate and apart from active records allowing you to pass criminal record checks and live your life without the stigma of a past criminal record.
Why do I need a Record Suspension?
A Record Suspension (or Pardon) is a privilege offered in Canada to allow for a fresh start for individuals who were convicted of a criminal offence after a prescribed period of time has passed. By addressing your criminal record and applying for a Record Suspension, you avoid leaving yourself vulnerable to the ramifications of having a criminal record on file during background checks, border crossing, volunteering at your children’s activities and even being pulled over by police for speeding. A criminal record that remains on CPIC, even if from many years ago, allows for judgement if it comes to light and opportunities may be taken away from you.
After two decades in the industry we find the most common scenario where individuals reach out is when they find themselves in a dire situation and need their Pardon completed immediately. It takes time to compile documents and await the government decision, so we encourage you to contact us with your questions even if you are in the preliminary stages and still simply fact-finding.
How do I get a Record Suspension?
In-Depth Consultation to Educate you on What to Expect
- 'Discovery call' to provide a process overview
- Discussion around timelines, possible additional fees and your specific needs
- Details on how to access your own secure Client Portal to follow the progress along
Ordering & Obtaining Official Documentation
- Tried & true best practices for ordering documents from each government agency
- Formal follow up procedures in place to use when necessary
- Communication with the courts, RCMP Division and police agencies to obtain the required records
Analysis & Review of Acquired Legal Documentation
- Expertly trained staff analyzing accuracy of each legal document received
- Easily understood next steps and realistic timelines
- Updates in writing when a step has been completed & your file is able to move forward
Preparation & Submitting of the Complete Application to the Federal Government
- Updates throughout the process to keep you in the loop
- Exceptional level of support & service throughout the processing
There is no better feeling than putting difficult situations behind you.
I was referred to Pardon Partners by a friend with raving reviews of Marisa's lengthy career in pardons. I am now feeling really pumped to be working with the best to put my old criminal record behind me once and for all.
I kick myself every year when the weather gets colder and my wife's family begins making holiday plans at the in-laws place in Florida knowing i won't be able to go, again. My wife's friend knows and highly recommended Marisa who runs the place. I'm so happy I have started my pardon now. Next year I'm coming for you Florida! Thanks Pardons Partners.